Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield Builder & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
4 Essential Home Improvements to Help You Age-in-Place
Aging-in-place renovation, the process of remodeling your home into a place where you can safely and securely live for the rest of your life, is usually regarded as something that can be put off until late in life. No one wants to think about growing old, but there is a better way to look at these kinds of modifications. They are an opportunity to make your home so beautiful, comfortable and suited to your lifestyle that you never want to leave!
Smart Age-in-Place Improvements
Here are suggestions that will offer excellent returns on investment as well as provide benefits as you age. They may be done gradually over the course of a few years, or all at once as part of new construction or renovation.
- Updated fixtures. Vision starts to decline around age 40, which means older eyes need more light. To prevent falls and help with distinguishing fine details, add light to the kitchen, bath, indoor stairwells and outdoor stairways. Easy-to-use lighting controls allow you to adjust the amount of light needed at different times of the day.
- Lever-style door handles. More than 50% of all adults have some form of arthritis, which can make opening doors frustrating and painful. Lever handles are operated by pushing down, rather than grasping and twisting, so they are much easier to use.
- A spa-like bathroom. Aging-in-place features don’t have to stand out when you have expert designers to help. A lipless shower entry, a chair-height toilet, a sink with knee space underneath and well-located storage can eliminate barriers to walking and wheelchairs while delivering fresh, inviting designs.
- Open floor plan. An open floor plan is not only more modern, it maximizes light and facilitates maneuvering. This is particularly important in the kitchen. With convenient counter heights and work stations that accommodate wheelchair use and easy movement, your kitchen will always be welcoming and accessible.
Remember, you don’t have to compromise on style to create a home where you can age-in-place. The highly skilled remodelers at Hatfield Builders & Remodelers have the expertise to help you comfortably stay in the home you cherish. For more about aging-in-place renovations in Dallas, Plano, Richardson and surrounding suburbs, contact us at (214) 278-6261.
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>