Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
4 Ways to Punch Up a White Kitchen
These days, white kitchens are all the rage in the design world – and for good reason. White makes a kitchen feel cheerful and clean. It enhances the room’s lighting and creates the impression of a bigger space. In fact, nearly 40% of homeowners who recently remodeled or who are starting a remodel selected white cabinets for their kitchens, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Survey. White was also a top choice for updated walls and counters – which leaves many homeowners wondering how they can keep the timelessness of white from becoming downright boring.
Here our designers share ideas on how to add pizzazz to an all- or mostly-white kitchen.
- Build a standout island. A simple white kitchen can be enhanced with one feature element, such as a colorful island. Add the color and contrast with paint on the base of the island, or use statement tile. The contrast color can then be subtly picked up in accent walls, window coverings and accessories to make the design cohesive.
Paint a focal wall. Even the smallest punch of paint can have a major impact in a white room. In the 2015 Model ReModel house, the homeowners chose to create a focal point in the white kitchen by painting the cabinet in the breakfast area and cabinets beside the range with Benjamin Moore’s Black Jack. If you prefer a smaller accent space, try trimming out windows or painting the wall inside or above cabinets to draw the eye.
- Add colorful accessories. The simplest and least expensive way to experiment with color is by bringing in accessories. One of the benefits of all-white background is that it allows you to add any color or print you fancy! Try colorful dishes in glass-front cabinets, a variety of cookbooks on shelves, colorful fabric window treatments or a bold print on chair cushions.
- Contrast countertops. Another way to use color as contrast in a mostly-white space is by utilizing it in the perimeter countertops. For a twist on this approach, use a different color for the countertop on the kitchen island.
If you are looking for additional kitchen ideas, our friends at Sebring Services in the Greater Chicago area have a great portfolio and blog!
Let’s Add Your Personality to Your Kitchen
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano)’s team of three full-time designers can incorporate innovative design ideas into the home remodel of your dreams. For everything from a simple kitchen remodel in Dallas to a complete whole-home makeover in Plano, give Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers a call today at (214) 281-8800.
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>