Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
A Guide to Designing the Walk-In Closet of Your Dreams
A closet can be so much more than a closet. With well-planned design, your closet space can reflect your specific storage needs while being convenient and enjoyable to use. At Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers, the more care we take at the design stage, the greater the chance that your new closet will truly be the closet of your dreams.
See A Dream Closet in North Dallas
Recently, we partnered with California Closets to complete a custom master closet for the Scarborough project in North Dallas. The closet renovation was part of a larger project which involved taking the existing footprint of the house and reconfiguring it. The single-car garage that was being used as storage in the home was transformed into a portion of the master closet and a wine cellar. The laundry room was converted into a wine prep space, while the existing closet and cedar storage became a laundry room and more master closet space. A luxurious Dallas, TX, master bathroom remodel completed the project.
Here’s how we redesigned the floorplan, along with a few expert tips to help you realize your own dream walk-in closet.
Floor plan before the renovation
Floor plan after the renovation
- Estimate the potential. A walk-in closet makes sense only if there is room for it. In the case of the Scarborough project, the existing closet needed to be expanded to accommodate the wardrobe of two people, along with custom cabinetry and other features. If necessary, you may need to expand out or into other areas of the home.
- Determine needs. Think about what kind of storage space you will need, as determined by what you will store. Are custom shoe racks a priority, or do you prefer more space for hanging business and casual clothes? What about custom cabinetry? Do you want a vanity to sit at while dressing? This phase ensures your design is practical and accommodates your lifestyle. Gain some inspiration from this Houzz list which features our Malabar master suite!
- Get creative with a designer. After you have established your needs, team with a Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) design consultant to explore ideas to maximize storage. Your designer can help you plan proper measurements for hanging clothing, drawers, shoes and more.
- Ensure proper lighting. In most cases, closets get little or no natural light, so implementing a proper mix of surface-mounted and recessed lighting is essential to keep your closet functional. You may also consider custom LED lighting for the closet, such as lighted closet rods and toe kick lighting.
- Ensure proper ventilation. If there is no window in your closet, you will need to add air circulation to vent moisture and odors, which can be accomplished with heating and cooling vents and/or exhaust fans.
See the amazing master bathroom remodel that was part of the Scarborough project!
Let’s Get Started on Your Project
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>