Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
2019 Cost vs. Value Report
A Look at the Average Return on Investment for Different Types of Home Remodeling Projects
At Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers, we like to share this information with our clients so they have a better idea of what they may get out of their investment.
To help you stay informed as you consider your next home remodeling project, here are some of the latest ROI data for five of our most popular types of projects.
Whenever you’re ready to speak with a top-rated remodeling contractor in the Dallas area, simply contact Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano)!
An upscale bathroom remodel usually comes with a return on investment of about 60%.
Examples of what an upscale bathroom remodel may involve include:
- Expanding an existing 35-square-foot (SF) bathroom to a 100 SF space
- Installing a new shower with ceramic tiles and a luxury showerhead
- Installing a soaker tub
- Adding stone countertops with a double vanity
- Enhancing or redoing the cabinetry
On average, a major kitchen remodel in the Dallas area boasts a 54% return on investment.
Upgrades for this type of home remodeling project include adding features like:
- Stone countertops
- An imported ceramic or glass tile backsplash
- A commercial-grade range
- A built-in microwave
- A high-end under-mount sink
- New lighting (including underlighting)
- New flooring
Universal Design Bathroom
With ROIs up to 70%, universal design bathrooms, also known as age-in-place bathrooms, are typically great investments.
This design approach enables aging or disabled homeowners to remain comfortably in their homes with various safety- and convenience-focused elements incorporated throughout the home.
For these projects, updates may include:
- Widening doorways
- Reinforcing walls with added grab bars and/or seats
- Installing wheelchair-height countertops and outlets
- Installing a walk-in shower with a fold-down seat
- Installing a comfort-height toilet
- Adding more accessible storage
Master Suite Addition
An upscale master suite addition yields a return on investment of about 46%.
A project of this scale may start with a 32×20-foot addition over a crawl space, with:
- A spacious sleeping area and an adjacent lounge area
- A large master bathroom, complete with a double vanity, a walk-in shower, and/or a free-standing tub
- Custom built-ins and/or a walk-in closet
- Enhanced lighting
- A gas fireplace
An upscale bathroom addition can offer an ROI of around 50% when the time comes to sell your home.
An addition of this scale may involve a new 100 SF addition to an existing master bedroom, with:
- A 42×42-inch shower with ceramic tile walls, a recessed caddy, body-spray fixtures, and a frameless glass enclosure
- A soaker tub
- A stone countertop with a double vanity
- Ceramic tile flooring
- Custom cabinetry
Considering a home remodel? Talk to a trusted Dallas remodeling contractor at Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano)! Call 214-278-6261 or contact Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) online to schedule a consultation.
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>