Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield Builders & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
Why Should I Hire an Insured Remodeler?
Regardless of the size or scope of your home remodel or renovation, who you hire to complete the work will determine your level of safety and satisfaction. Before you choose a contractor, it’s important to do your research, to find the best company for your project with the right qualifications, experience, and expertise needed to complete the work on time and on budget. One of the most critical components to look for is whether or not the contractor is insured, in order to protect all parties in the event of an accident, damage, or injury.
Hiring an insured remodeler can make the difference between losing thousands of dollars to shoddy workmanship and getting your money’s worth for a beautifully executed result. Hiring an insured contractor should be your absolute top priority as your shop around for a remodeler, and we’re here to tell you why.
The Benefits of Hiring a Remodeler with Insurance
Remodeling your home is rarely a small undertaking—it takes a lot of time and can be an emotionally trying process. Your home is likely to be the most valuable thing you own, so you will want to take precautions to be certain the remodeler you hire can be trusted to do reputable work in such an important environment.
Taking time to find a licensed, insured, and trustworthy contractor to complete the work is a critical step to take—one that should not be taken lightly. Putting in the work to determine the best contractor for your job comes with a number of important benefits:
- Compliance – While the state of Texas does not license general contractors at the state level, many municipalities do. However, a number of other types of contractors are required by state law to be licensed, including plumbers, electricians, architects, and more. In addition to meeting the criteria for licensing, all contractors and subcontractors working in the state of Texas are obligated to hold valid insurance including workers’ compensation, commercial general liability, professional liability, and more, depending on the type of contract.
- Quality – A contractor who is licensed and insured is held to a higher standard by regulatory bodies than one who is not and is likely to hold themselves to a higher standard as well.
- Homeowner’s Insurance – Your homeowner’s policy may not cover you in the event of damages if the work was performed by an unlicensed, uninsured contractor. Ensure that the contractor you hire has liability insurance to cover the cost of any damages they cause during the course of the project.
- Dedication – A licensed, insured contractor demonstrates a higher level of commitment to the work they perform, as well as to establishing a solid reputation in the community.
- Protection – In a profession where individuals often work from great heights, use high-powered tools, carry heavy loads, and face exposure to electrical and plumbing hazards, the potential for injury is high. If the contractor is uninsured, the owner of the property may be held liable for medical expenses or face a lawsuit.
What Is the Difference Between Being Insured & Being Bonded?
Choosing a contractor who is bonded and carries adequate insurance provides you with several options for recourse in the event that something should go wrong. The difference between the two is outlined below:
Bonding – A bond is an added layer of protection for the homeowner in the event that the contractor:
- Doesn’t perform the work as described or intended
- Causes damage to the home as the result of negligence or shoddy workmanship
- Fails to pay for supplies or subcontractor fees
- Fails to pay for permits
- And more
The bond money is secured by a surety company and, when asked, the contractor should be able to provide you with the proper documentation so you can verify they are bonded.
Insurance – At minimum, the two types of insurance your contractor should carry are:
- General Liability Insurance – This type of insurance protects you in the event that your contractor causes damage to your property, or adjoining property.
- Workers’ CompensationInsurance – If one of the contractor’s employees is injured while on your property, this type of insurance reimburses them for lost wages and medical expenses.
Why You Should Choose Hatfield Builders & Remodelers
Hatfield Builders & Remodelers was created to fill a void in the industry for high-quality remodeling services. Since our founding, our team of skilled, dedicated professionals has worked hard to earn our reputation among Dallas-area homeowners as the premier, full-service design and remodeling company.
Each member of our team is hand-selected for their integrity, experience, professionalism, and dedication to producing a high-quality finished product in every project we do. Our design/build remodeling firm is licensed and insured for quality assurance, with the qualifications and commitment to help you achieve the home of your dreams.
Call us today at 214-278-6261 to start planning your next remodeling project in the Dallas area!
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>