Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
Donating Home Remodeling Materials to Help Our Community
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Community Involvement
At Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers, we are passionate about partnering with our clients to transform their homes and make their remodel visions to come to life! We’re also dedicated to helping our community and finding the best ways to contribute.
One great way we’ve been able to help is by donating extras, slightly damaged items, or old items that have been replaced as part of a remodel.
In fact, we recently cleaned out our warehouse and donated a lot of materials to Habitat for Humanity. And that got us thinking about how our customers may want to get involved and join the effort!
Whether you’re planning or involved in a remodel model project, here are some helpful donation tips.
What Can I Donate?
Some of the best items to donate are:
- Items that have not been used: If you changed your mind after you bought something and you couldn’t (or didn’t) return it, you’ll have extra unused items that are great to donate. These items may also be unused gifts you didn’t need for your remodel.
- Items that are lighted used or slightly damaged but still functional: These can include items you’re replacing as part of your remodel or those that may have arrived damaged (from the manufacturer).
While different organizations may accept different items, some of the best things to donate include:
- Fixtures: Hinges, blinds, mirrors, doorknobs, and cabinets are some of the fixtures that can make great donations when you’re involved in a remodel project.
- Appliances: Refrigerators, washers and dryers, microwaves, and dishwashers are bigger-ticket items that can go a long way to help charitable organizations.
- Building materials: These materials can include anything from backsplashes to doors, windows, and more.
- Furniture: If you’re getting new furniture for your newly remodeled house, donating your old furniture that’s still in decent shape is another excellent option.
Where Can I Donate Extras from My Remodel?
Here are few organizations to consider:
- Goodwill Donation Center
- Hope’s Door Resale Store
- Habitat for Humanity – South Collin County
- Donation Drop Spot
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center
Keep in mind that some organizations may come directly to you to pick up your items! That can save you time and effort in giving to a good cause, letting you focus on your remodel.
Looking for more ways to prepare for your remodel? Check out our tips on how to prepare for a remodel—or simply contact Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) now for expert advice!
Top 6 Benefits of Donating Items from Remodeling Projects
Giving extras from your remodel to a charitable organization is a great way to give back to your community! It can also offer benefits like:
- Supporting a good cause
- Inspiring others to donate
- Making you feel good and boosting your self-worth
- Bringing more meaning and positivity to your life
- Setting a good example for your children, family, and friends
- Getting tax write-offs
While donating is a great way to support others and give back while you renovate your home, the best way to make sure everything goes right with your remodel is to work with Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano)!
Let’s Talk about Your Remodel Plans: Contact Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Today
Your dream home design is only a call or click away! Give Team Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) at 214-281-8800 or contact us online to get started on your remodeling project.
We also invite you to check out some of our before and after project photos, as well as our excellent client reviews, to see why we’re a leading choice for remodeling services in and around Plano, Richardson, and the North Dallas areas!
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>