Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Garage Remodeling & Additions in Dallas, Texas
Garages were originally created as a place to store your car out of the weather. Over time, however, their purpose has grown to include work areas, storage, and even extra rooms or apartments. So often, we see a car sitting in a driveway because the garage contains so much stuff there is no room for the car. This is a good indicator that a garage addition is needed in the very near future.
Extending the usable space in your Dallas area home can be beneficial to your entire family. Contact Hatfield Builders & Remodelers to schedule a garage remodeling or addition consultation.
Designing Your New Garage
We have added additions to garages that required removing one wall and extending others. You may want one large area divided into rooms, an additional room created in the upper space, or shelves built into walls and hooks for hanging bikes and other equipment from the ceiling. Have you considered creating a covered walkway between the house and garage? Some people like the idea of an additional bathroom located in the garage so the kids aren’t running in and out all day.
You can add onto your garage and make it part of your home, complete with matching siding and windows or you can give it a personality all its own. The possibilities available for garage additions are nearly the same as those for your home. The garage isn’t simply a shed sitting there taking up space—at least it doesn’t have to be.
For ideas on transforming your garage into a useful space you can enjoy for many years to come, call our team at 214-278-6261!
Reasons for a Garage Addition
Here is a small sampling of reasons our customers have given for adding onto their current garage. In reality, the reasons are only limited by imagination.
- Additional cars – Most families have two vehicles they depend on regularly. If the kids are teenagers or young adults, the number may be even higher. Adding additional space allows everyone’s car to be protected.
- Above-garage apartment – Creating an apartment or guest room above your garage provides a place where a young adult has his privacy or visitors don’t feel they are putting you out.
- Workroom – Whether you are into woodworking, crafts, or simply need a place to keep all your tools organized, additional space will help keep things uncrowded.
- Additional storage – Things seem to multiply and storage space seems to shrink. Adding an addition to your garage with built-in shelving can provide you with that extra space you need. Having a place for out-of-season items like lawn mowers and snow blowers helps free up space elsewhere and keeps it handy when you are ready for it.
- Man-cave – Not all basements are finished or in condition to be used for recreation. Creating a space for a man-cave in your garage allows for get-togethers that don’t create a lot of noise inside and can give you a place to simply relax. It could also be a place for weekly book club meetings or an impromptu card party.
- Exercise room – Most homes don’t have a lot of floor space available. Adding an addition to your garage can make it possible to set up your own exercise area. It will be a lot easier to stay consistent with your workouts than having to travel to the gym.
Dallas Garage Remodeling Services
We constantly strive for excellence in every job we do. At Hatfield Builders & Remodelers, we want you to love the house you live in. Why not create more usable space by extending or remodeling your garage? The possibilities are endless! Our team will give you personal attention and consider your needs to ensure that the homes we build celebrate your uniqueness. Hatfield Builders & Remodelers has established a reputation for high levels of unparalleled quality, beauty, workmanship, and service excellence.
Contact our award-winning design and remodel firm in Texas to request a garage remodeling consultation in the northern Dallas area, including Dallas, Plano, and Richardson.
701 East Plano Pkwy, Suite 400
Plano, TX 75074
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>