Are you tired of your outdated cabinets and fixtures? Is your kitchen’s layout making everyday tasks more difficult? Whatever the case may be, our team can get you from the kitchen you have now to the one-of-a-kind kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.Learn More >>
Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers is now Alair Homes Dallas
We are excited that we have become part of the Alair Homes team.
Why Foundations are a Sore Spot in North Texas
The clay soil of North Texas has a high percentage of minerals that are invisible to the naked eye but swell by absorbing large amounts of water relative to volume. This means our soil can expand and contract at an alarming rate, especially during the hot summer months. If the supporting soil around your foundation is too dry – or too wet – significant foundation damage can occur within a very short period of time.
Causes of Foundation Movement
At Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers, local homeowners often talk to us about foundation issues because they have noticed drywall cracking and other symptoms of movement. They assume they have foundation issues – but that isn’t always the case. The following are common causes of foundation problems.
- Poor soil maintenance. Soil that is too dry, too moist or poorly compacted can permit foundation movement. A good watering regime is a key component to keeping foundation problems at bay.
- Improper drainage. When gutters are clogged, improperly installed or otherwise do not drain properly, this can result in non-uniform foundation movement. Condensation from an air conditioning unit must also drain properly.
- Landscaping issues. Large trees and shrubs that have been planted too close to the foundation can cause significant foundation damage, as can overwatering and improper sloping of flower beds and retaining walls.
- Plumbing leaks. When water from leaking pipes or sprinkler valves saturates the soil underneath a home, the soil may erode and permit movement.
- Shoddy construction. Homes that were improperly built or constructed on poorly compacted soil will be prone to foundation shifts.
Often the issues discussed above can be resolved with proper grading and drainage. When we suspect foundation movement issues, the Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) team consults with the experts at Integrated Foundation Solutions. We won’t let foundation concerns interfere with your custom dream home or home addition in North Dallas! Give Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers a call at (214) 278-6261 to explore the possibilities.
- 1Initial Meetings
- 2Space Measurement
- 3Project Selection Meeting
- 4Design Package Review
- 5Initial Budget Review
- 6Selection Finalization
- 7Construction Agreement & Deposit
- 8Pre-Construction Hand-Off Meeting
- 9Start of Construction
Ready to fall in love with your bathroom? Whether you are running out of bathroom storage space or you’ve been dreaming of a new, luxurious bathtub, our team can help! We’ll work with you to design a beautiful bathroom remodel that fits your needs.Learn More >>
- LIVING & FAMILY
ROOMSLIVING & FAMILY
Watching the game with your friends, playing with your children, relaxing on the couch—your living room is used for so many activities! It’s important for this space to be functional and to reflect your tastes. We can design the perfect family room for your lifestyle.Learn More >>
- WHOLE HOMEWHOLE HOME
If someone asked you to describe your dream home, would it be your current home? If not, we can help! We believe that everyone deserves to fall in love with their home. With our whole home remodeling services, we can make your dream home a reality.Learn More >>
Massive closets with custom-built storage solutions, wine cellars that would make a sommelier jealous—our team at Hatfield (now Alair Homes- Plano) Builders & Remodelers can take on these and other projects to make your home as uniquely fit for your needs and tastes as possible!Learn More >>